Various screening dates for Selected VII
(Full venue dates and details below the programme)
- 04 May, Fabrica, Brighton
- 16 May, CCA Glasgow
- 18 May, Whitechapel Gallery, London
- 25 May, Nottingham Contemporary
- 01 June, Plymouth Arts Centre
- 14 June, Exeter Phoenix
Selected is a new collection of diverse artists’ film and video touring the UK in May-June 2017, taking place at some of the UK’s leading venues for showcasing artists’ film and video.
Nominated by the artists shortlisted for the Film London Jarman Award 2016, Selected brings together some of the best work from early career film and video artists from the UK in a vibrant programme of recent artists’ moving image.
Shortlisted artists for the 2016 Film London Jarman Award – Cécile B. Evans, Heather Phillipson, Mikhail Karikis, Rachel Maclean, Shona Illingworth and Sophia Al Maria – have nominated work by up-and-coming filmmaking talent, to develop an invigorating new programme of work.
- Disco Breakdown, Evan Ifekoya, 2014, 3:14 mins
- My Bodies, Hannah Black, 2014, 3:30 mins
- The Fall and the British Museum, Rosie Carr, 2017, 3:36 mins
- Runaway, Ginte Regina, 2017, 15 mins
- Prologue, Phoebe Boswell, 2015, 6 mins
- Janus Collapse, Adham Faramawy, 2016, 9:51 mins
- The Turbulence of Sea and Blood, Sarah Abu Abdallah, 2015, 4:50 mins
- Ship, Sea, Woman, What else, Sofia Albina Novikoff Unger, 2017, 9 mins
Produced by videoclub and Film London Artists’ Moving Image Network. Supported by Film London.
Film London Artists’ Moving Image Network
Film London Artists’ Moving Image Network (FLAMIN) supports London-based artists working in moving image, working in partnership to deliver a comprehensive programme including production award schemes, regular screenings, talks and events, as well as the prestigious annual Film London Jarman Award.
Venue and screening details:
Date and time: Thursday, 18 May, 7pm.
Price: £9.50 full / £7.50 concessions
Address: Whitechapel Gallery, 77-82 Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7QX
Web / tickets / contact: www.whitechapelgallery.org / 020 7522 78889 / BOOK TICKETS
Date and time: Thursday, 25 May, 6:30pm.
Address: Nottingham Contemporary, Weekday Cross, Nottingham NG1 2GB
Web / contact: www.nottinghamcontemporary.org / 0115 948 9750 / NO BOOKING NEEDED
Plymouth Arts Centre
Date and time: Thursday, 1 June, 6pm.
Price: £3 / free for PAC Home members.
Address: Plymouth Arts Centre, 38 Looe Street, Plymouth PL4 0EB
Web / contact: www.plymouthartscentre.org / 01752 206114 / BOOK TICKETS