Call for film & video submissions by LGBTQIA+ artists and filmmakers
Night Watch is an outdoor film trail taking place in January and February 2023, with film & video works projected onto buildings around the town of Crawley, UK. Films will be curated from work submitted to us. Submissions will be accepted by LGBTQIA+ artists and filmmakers from the UK and internationally.
Submissions can be artists’ film & video, experimental film, Machinima, short film, animation, or digital works, and must be 5 minutes or less in length.
Night Watch is curated and produced by international artists’ film & video agency, videoclub, with support from Crawley LGBTQU+. Delivered in partnership with Creative Crawley as part of their Enliven programme funded by Crawley Town Centre Business Improvement District. Supported by Arts Council England.
SUBMISSION DETAILS AND INFORMATION
|Night Watch screening date||Submission deadline||Outcome date|
|Thu, 26 Jan 2023||20 Dec 2022||20 Jan 2023|
|Thu, 23 Feb 2023||15 Jan 2022||20 Feb 2023|
Criteria for screening submissions:
– Between 2 and 5 minutes in length.
– Be engaging for viewers who may be passing in the street or watching throughout the programme, for example be visually stimulating, humorous, narrative, spectacular, fun, surprising and accessible.
– Be appropriate for public / outdoor exhibition (must be suitable for children and adults in public space).
– Work must be in digital format and be high enough in resolution to show at scale (1080p / HD).
– A screening fee of £50 GBP will be paid to the filmmaker if work is shown in the programme.
– Fee will be paid via direct bank payment following receipt of an invoice. Successful artists/filmmakers will be sent details.
– If the language of the film is not English, the film must have English subtitles.
– Only one work per submission (add additional submissions to a new form).
– Entrants may submit an unlimited number of works.
– Work must be digitally available.
– Entrants declare that the film submitted is their own and that its public screening rights have not been transferred to third parties.
If you have relevant queries regarding the film event, the entry process or require assistance navigating the entry form, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All artists/filmmakers will be informed of the decision to screen in advance of public announcements.
– Click here to submit a film or video via a Google form.
– Complete the form and submit.
– Applications not using the application form will not be accepted.
Night Watch is delivered in partnership with Creative Crawley. Supported by Crawley Town Centre Business Improvement District and Arts Council England.